RSS
Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)

Friday, January 30, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I have been hearing a lot about Slumdog Millionaire lately - two of my friends at film school said it is a must see movie. Generally I don't heed to such statements, but I happened to stumble upon the Apple trailers page and checked out the trailer. The camera work is amazing! I was totally impressed with the details, movements and color.

So I started my digging and found that more than 60% of the movie was shot in digital format using SI-2K and SI-2K Mini. And the rest on 35mm and (I guess digital) still camera in burst mode too!!

I think the photographer has done a tremendous job.

I haven't seen the movie yet; but I will. However all those who have seen this movie (including news paper reviews in India) say that this movie portrays a very poor and sorry state of life in India; though the conditions are not like in USA, it is not pathetic in India. When would such movies portray living conditions in India properly?

No comments: