RSS
Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Endeavour Flyover - End of an Era!

On 21st Sep the space shuttle Endeavour was handed off to the California Science Center in LA. On its way to LA (from Kennedy Space Center in Florida) it flew over various cities and landmarks. It even flew over NASA's Moffett field airstrip. I was there; but I was disappointed as I couldn't get a good picture of the space shuttle perched atop the modified 747 but I did speak to a few astronauts and scientists there. I will post those exclusive interviews/talks :) soon. Until then here is a picture that I clicked at Moffett field.


Endeavour replaced Challenger, which exploded in 1986, killing seven astronauts. There won't be any more of these space shuttles. But there will be a new beginning!


Someone forwarded this nice video to me. Check it out: http://vimeo.com/51621640
Here is something similar from LA Times: http://framework.latimes.com/2012/10/15/time-lapse-video-space-shuttle-endeavours-trek-across-l-a/

No comments: