RSS
Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Hated the new movie - Avengers: Infinity War

I was expecting a lot after learning that about $300MM was sunk in producing this.
A few years ago, I had said the Mission Impossible was disappointing but after seeing Infinity War, I would definitely eat my words. MI was quite better indeed!
To me a movie is not just pretty camera work or music - it is story in the center and creative expression all along. I didn't find any of these. In fact it was really boring to sit through.
The screenplay was disappointing - no twists and no punches. The writers should be made to watch Charlie Chaplin's classics first and then cartoons like Wreck it Ralph to understand how to touch the audience! Didn't they know about the hero's journey? What about building anticipation?
Did these directors ever watch the standoff between Clint Eastwood and Lee van Cleef? With so many super heroes lined up there is not even a single scene to cheer the underdogs.
This is poor movie making on the whole. Avengers: Infinity War is one of the worse movies I had ever seen.
Note: I am not affiliated with anyone. these are my views alone.

No comments: