RSS
Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)

Monday, May 13, 2013

Get inspired!

Today I was searching for story ideas and landed on this site. One Sentence seems to be a good site to get inspired!

Here are a few one-liners that are still lingering...

“Today you shaved your hair into a mohawk to make my mom laugh over losing hers to chemo and today I realized that you are my hero.”
“I loved everything about her, so I introduced her to all my friends, and they loved her too, so she slept with all of them. “
“My wedding cost $6700 and my divorce cost $16425, both were worth it.”
“Today I washed my mother’s hair for the first time.”
“I don’t really want to be an engineer but I REALLY don’t want to be a failure to my parents.”
“We had a lovely day, my oldest son and I, wine tasting and driving through the foothills to celebrate his birthday, only because I did not tell him that just the previous day I was diagnosed with cancer.”
“All the skills I acquired as a violent boy have made me a helpless man.”
“It’s easy to make fun of the 26-year-old girl who is afraid of fireworks until you find out that it’s not the fireworks themselves but the sounds that remind her of gunshots.”
“In almost three years of not seeing her, I’ve swallowed oceans of booze, smoked cartons of cigarettes, slept with a dozen different women, been arrested twice, found God, fired God, and nearly died at the hands of five angry men; and I still can’t get over her.”
“In just those four words written on a brightly glowing computer screen, I realized that I’d lost the ability to trust anybody ever again.”

No comments: