RSS
Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Writer's Digest Books

I found a wonderful book with very nice tips - Writer's Digest Handbook of Short Story Writing. After reading that I learnt that there are actiually two volumes! Volume 1 & 2 with ISBNs 0898790492 and 0898794633. (So looks like I have read only volume 1 and that itself is good. Since writing this I got hold of the second volume and it has a few good articles too.)
Anyways, there is an article about the various types of endings. Here are a few that I can remember:


  • Summation endings

  • Ideological endings

  • Antennae endings

  • Anti-climax or bonus endings

  • Reversal endings

  • Gimmick endings

  • Hoax endings (false villain or figure of good)

  • Deception endings

  • Unconventional use endings

  • Irony endings

No comments: